Friday, May 20, 2005

Installing SQL Server Reporting Services

I started installing SQL Server Reporting Services today and saw a lot of required softwares including Visual Studio.Net, IIS and ASP.net. I wasn't prepared for all the software required but was able to complete the install.

On this test server I have Windows 2003 server, SQL Server 2000 Std Edition, SQL Server Analysis Services, MBS Great Plains 8.0 and Crystal Reports 10. Another test server I have my Active Directory, DNS,DHCP, IIS and Microsoft Business Portal 2.5.

I've named the other server TestPortal while this is GPSQLTest. I'll discuss more about the GPSQLTest server. I've been reading about SQL Server SP4 and like the other SP that came before, I will wait and see what others had to say.

No comments:

e-Commerce discount types

In the world of retail today every retailer is trying to find ways and be creative to attract online customers. To attract your attention an...