As promised, I'm posting Part 2 of the Dynamics GP to SAP migration.
Since my last post we've done a lot of cleansing to the GP data. Some of the ETL processes we ran include:
- Master data including GL accounts, Profit Center, Cost Center, Employees, Vendors and others
- Vendor and Customer addresses including multiple addresses for Vendor Partner functions
- Any Tax-related fields including 1099, GST, etc.
- Hierarchy if any (can be messy)
- Open Balances for General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Fixed Assets
Lastly, I consider my SQL scripting decent but get a really good one as you'll need to create lines of code and SP for your ETL.
Note: I'll see if there's a need for another Part in FI, otherwise Part 3 will be more on SAP SD.